Golf is a sport that requires technical, physical and mental balance in order to perform at an optimal level. Long periods of walking and repetitive actions of the golf swing can put strain on the body. Here are some of the common injuries experienced by golfers:
- Golfers elbow- pain on the inside of the elbow due to overload of the tendon
- Wrist pain from taking that unexpected divot!
- Lower back pain from constant rotation of the lower back
- Hip pain from walking or muscle weakness
- Calf strain from overuse and walking
- Stiffness in the mid back from overuse
Treatment of injuries will sometimes include:
Rest, ice, compression, elevation
Joint mobilisation for the spine and peripheral joints
Exercise rehabilitation to allow your body to cope with the demands of playing golf.
Soft tissue therapy to release any restriction and improve range of motion.
Swing analysis to understand if faulty technique is a cause of your pain.
To get you golf injury treatment in Southampton or Salisbury, call James on: 07748 483639.